No emails really. Surprised? We prefer the post. Send us a letter in the post. We have discovered that we actually work better with a real to goodness letter ︎. It’s old-fashioned, but a really wonderful way to get to know you. Please send your ideas by post to the studio:
Lange Nieuwstraat 63
4. WHAT SHOULD I ENCLOSE IN THE LETTER?
In your letter, don’t forget to provide your name and your contact information. Don’t forget to include your phone number.
Describe the tattoo you want, the size of the tattoo, where you want it placed and also the style of it. Remember we do not work with colour since we specialise in black and gray tattoos.
Please enclose in the letter, a high quality copy of your photo, no original pictures, and any reference material and source of inspiration for the tattoo. If you live abroad, please let us know when you are travelling to Antwerp. Please note that there is a waiting list and you need to mail at least four months ahead.
We do not make appointments by email or over the phone anymore, but we are looking forward to some good old-fashioned letters! We will get back to you after we receive your letter. Be specific about your tattoo. ︎See detailed instructions.
5. I SENT A LETTER BUT HAVEN’T RECEIVED AN ANSWER YET.
Due to the volume of requests received, it might take longer than anticipated to get back to you. Please give us a few weeks to respond to you. If you have the feeling that it’s taking much too long, please give us a ring.
Below are some common and not so common reasons why you may have not received a response yet:
If you have any questions regarding your letter please call us about it.
6. I WANT A BLACK AND GREY TATTOO, WITH JUST A TOUCH OF COLOR, BUT IT’S STILL BLACK AND GREY!
We work with black, white, and gray. We don’t have any colour ink in stock, not even ‘a touch’ ;-).
7. HAVE AN IDEA, BUT I CAN’T DRAW AND DON’T KNOW ANYONE WHO CAN DRAW IT FOR ME, CAN YOU DO IT?
Welcome! You are in the right place. Sven prefers to design the tattoo himself! We have many customers who trust Sven completely to design something extraordinary for them.
8. MY FRIEND ALREADY MADE ME A DESIGN. CAN YOU TATTOO THAT?
A cool drawing does not always make a good tattoo. Meaning Sven doesn’t usually do this.
9. I SAW A NICE TATTOO ON PINTEREST AND I WANT THE SAME ONE!
A tattoo should be yours truly. We have a ‘no copy’ rule. Yes, we do fan tattoos, however only if your idol agrees and gives his or her permission. Yes to universal symbols. Yes to words, as they are not considered copies. If you are not sure, you can always check with us.
10. I SAW A TATTOO BY A FAMOUS ARTIST, BUT HE LIVES TOO FAR, CAN YOU COPY IT FOR ME?
No copies. We believe art should be original. During the consultation, we can advise you and provide you assistance in making interesting choices personal to you.
11. I HAVE AN IDEA BUT I WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE SOME OTHER TATTOO ARTIST’S STYLE, CAN YOU DO THAT?
We believe everyone is unique with his or her own style. Imagine copying someone else’s handwriting. Even if you do copy it, you can see it’s not the same, recognize it as a fake. A tattoo is like handwriting and it is also not our purpose to copy someone else’s work. The important thing about having a tattoo is that it should be original and should define you.
12. I WANT THE SAME TATTOO YOU DID FOR SOMEONE ELSE!
Out of respect for our customers who have ordered their specific tattoos, we will not reproduce it…
13. HOW MUCH DOES A TATTOO COST?
The cost of a tattoo depends on the size, complexity, style, technique, and even where it is placed. Give us a call and let’s talk about it (Call us in the afternoons on Tuesday).
14. HOW MUCH IS THE DEPOSIT AND SHOULD I BRING IT IN CASH?
The deposit is 150€. We accept payments by cash or by debit/bank cards. At this time we are unable to accept credit cards.
15. I WANT A REALISTIC PORTRAIT TATTOO, WHAT DO I NEED TO SEND IN?
For a realistic portrait tattoo, a sharp and clear image works best. Any copies sent to us should be of high quality. We advise you to send us copies rather than the original pictures to safeguard them. It is really important to pay attention to the quality of the image. If we can’t see the entire face or if the picture is too blurry or overexposed, the tattoo will not resemble your loved ones. We highly recommend that you send in an assortment of pictures to select from so we can help you pick the best one for a tattoo design.
16. I WANT A PORTRAIT TATTOO OF MY MOM, BUT I ONLY WANT IT TO BE 3 CM, IS THAT POSSIBLE?
Photorealistic portrait tattoos need to be at least 7cm in height in order to draw in the details. A large size tattoo allows for more details to be applied.
17. I WANT THIS PICTURE OF MY DAD, BUT I WANT HIM TO WEAR A DIFFERENT SHIRT AND HIS HAIR SHOULD BE LONGER, CAN YOU DO THAT?
The picture you send in to us is the one we model the tattoo on. We do not make any amendments. If you want a portrait that is really true to your dad, it should reflect who he is. We think you should not mess with the hair.
18. I WANT A TINY TATTOO WITH 5 DIFFERENT ELEMENTS AND IT SHOULD ONLY BE 5 CM!
Generally, the smaller a tattoo design is, the fewer details it should have whereas the bigger a tattoo design is the more details it can have. This doesn’t mean small tattoos can’t be interesting. They are just different enterprises. It is important to keep in mind how the tattoo will look in a few years.
19. I STILL HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS. WHAT TO DO?
Please call us during the allotted times.